Source: DHL / www.dhl.com / January 10th, 2022
Annual Price Increase
At DHL Express U.S., international isn’t just a part of our business – it is our business. To ensure that we continue to provide you with the industry’s highest-quality international services, a competitive rate increase for U.S. account holders will take effect on January 1, 2022. Shipping rates for DHL Express international services will increase by an average of 5.9%.
Why is DHL changing my standard shipping rates?
To ensure that we continue to provide you with the industry’s highest-quality international services, DHL Express adjusts its prices annually – taking into consideration inflation and currency dynamics such as administrative costs related to regulatory and security measures. This helps us to continue providing best-in-class air express services to and from the more than 220 countries and territories that we serve. The adjustment also allows the company to further invest in its infrastructure network and strengthen the resilience against crises and provide the needed capacity growth due to rising customer demands.
Exactly how will the standard rates be affected?
Shipping rates for all DHL Express U.S. international services will increase by an average of 5.9%.
Are all DHL services affected by the rate change?
Yes. The changes in rates will apply to all DHL Express U.S. international services.
When will the rate change take effect?
The new standard rates will be effective as of Saturday, January 1, 2022.
Where can I find the 2022 standard shipping rates or obtain a rate quote?
As of January 1, 2022, you can use our online Rate Quote and Transit Time Tool or Create a Shipment to calculate the shipping rate and service charges.
Will Optional Services and Surcharges change? Where can I find details?
Yes, there are changes to some Optional Services and Surcharges, effective as of January 1, 2022.
- Address correction will change from $18.00 per shipment to $19.50 per shipment
- Change of billing will change from $18.00 per shipment to $19.50 per shipment
- Dangerous Goods will change from $117.50 per shipment to $130.00 per shipment
- Direct Signature will change from $5.55 per shipment to $5.90 per shipment
- Dry Ice will change from $6.15 per shipment to $6.55 per shipment
- Duty Tax Paid will change from 2% of fiscal charges, $15.00 minimum per shipment to 2% of fiscal charges, $17.00 minimum per shipment
- Duty Tax Importer will change from $15.00 per shipment to 2% of fiscal charges, $17.00 minimum per shipment
- Non- Stackable Pallet will change from $245.00 per piece to $270.00 per piece
- Oversize Piece will change from $94.00 per shipment to $71.50 per shipment
- Remote Area Pickup and Delivery will change from the greater of $42.00 per shipment or $0.42 per lb to the greater of $45.00 per shipment or $0.45 per lb
- Residential address will change from $4.95 per shipment to $5.30 per shipment
- Shipment Value Protection will change from $1.15 per $100.00 of coverage, $3.45 minimum to: $1.25 per $100.00 of coverage, $3.75 minimum
You can review the full list of Optional Services and Surcharges offered in the DHL Express Service and Rate Guide 2022
Will DHL shipping systems be updated to reflect the rate change?
Yes, the process for updating the DHL Express shipping systems begins on January 1, 2022.
Ship Watchers is a logistics auditing company that keeps carriers compliant on rates, surcharges, incentives, and incorrect charges found within carrier invoices.
Want to stay on top of carrier increases, rate changes, and benchmark studies while insuring that your invoices are free from errors and incorrect charges? Give us a shout to learn more at email@example.com or by calling us at 800.550.7217 ext 874.
No term agreements, no additional effort, and no additional fees… Just a small percentage of the savings we bring to your carrier accounts directly through our auditing process.
www.shipwatchers.com – 24/7 Support including Chat
Small Parcel Negotiation and Audit Consultants